Fishing Forum

Full Version: A little duck report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out to the Crane today. First time being in that area, so it was really an exploratory trip. Found a few willing birds, so I killed em. Gonna be tasty.

On a side note, I took a drive to the Willard Spur last night, and it is dry! Nothing but cracked mud at the boat ramp by the "light pole". We need some water!
[signature]
"A little duck report"

Brandon, shoot some coots?[Wink]
[signature]
On another utah forum I saw some aerial pics of all the WMAs, Harold Crane looked awesome and the spur was, as you said, bone dry! Only been out there once and I never had much luck unfortunately.

With the spur dry and the BRBR closed Harold Crane may either be a great place or a bad place right now i'd guess.

Were many birds moving through the area?
[signature]
Unfortunately not a lot moving. Got lucky and put birds down from the several groups that came in. The hunt was over in an hour. I suspect that many birds are hangin on the fuge. Talk about a monster safe pond! It will be like another opening day out there when they finally open it up. Wish I had a job I could call in sick for[Wink]
[signature]
No coots today, but was tempted by one. I had to exercise self control to not lower his carbon footprint!
[signature]