Fishing Forum

Full Version: Daniel Tn, Watts Bar, Crappie & Whatever, 10-29-13, Dad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dad and I took a trip to Watts Bar today. We put in at Hornsby and went to fish some of our deep brush for crappie. Oddly...Watts Bar doesn't look like it has dropped an inch in water level. Water temps in the mid 60s. Watts Bar was also deserted of fisherman out there...nothing...notta. <br /><br />We hit our favorite brush piles in 20-25 feet of water and found a mix of whites and black crappie on them....not big ones though. Some were 10.5 to 11 inches...but we only caught a few of them, and it was in really quick session...Bobby Garland version of a Panfish Assassin in Cajun Cricket. After that, we just wandered to some of the other spots we have but found them void of crappie.<br /><br />In the mix, we found some baitfish and I caught a Watts Bar special....one of those 14.5 inch Largemouths that you always catch in tournaments. <br /><br />And that was about it...til on the way back to the ramp, we literally ran up on a stripe break. They were going at it pretty solid for several minutes. This was the result of a very hastily thrown crankbait....it's all we had on our rods at the time and weren't expecting to run into anything like this. I would have loved to have had some spoons but we didn't.<br /><br />Still fun though!! Mine was 8 lbs and dad's was 12.<br /><br />http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/danieltn/DSCF5652_zpsd44c96ed.jpg