Fishing Forum

Full Version: My Turn at Willard Bay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haven't been out to WB for some time so thought I would give it a try this morning. Got to the south marina at 10. Didn't take long to get the first bite, no not mosquitoes, cat fish. Actual hooking up didn't come for another five minutes. Just another average fish followed by some more pick-up and drop then an hour later another average cat. Two hours later all I had to show for the day were those two. That's OK though, it only takes a couple minutes to filet two.

When the fish picked up the bait (cut bait) and felt any resistance they would drop it, even with an open bail.

Good day to be out. Had fun watching the Grebes diving for Shad to share with the Gulls.
[signature]
Thanks for the report r2u2. Were you fishing in the marine or the channel? Good to hear the cats are still biting.
[signature]
I fished the channel.

The folks from Pineview Water System are pumping water from the channel into the ditch that runs around the out side of the dike to get water to the marshes. I'm not sure that pump helps the fishing much.
[signature]
I thought it was strange that the water level was still dropping, now that the irrigation season is over.
I guess in most years we are getting enough water by now that they don't need to draw water out of Willard but this year it has been dryer than normal.
[signature]