Fishing Forum

Full Version: fishnaddiction, Chickamauga, Crappie, Nov.11 2013 Veterans Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the wife was leaving for work she said "Happy veterans day. Why don't you just go fishing". She didn't have to say that twice. On the water around eight. Thought since I am by my self, no pressure to put anyone on the fish. Think I'll scout out some new spots. Ten O clock rolls around. No fish. Noon. No fish. Gotta catch something. Went to the docks in wolfteiver. Finally. Caught a 10 1/4" Crappie using a minnow and a float. Started shooting a jig under the same dock. Caught a 6" Crappie. Two O clock. One keeper in the live well. Left the docks and started trolling in 14-15 feet of water. A place where we caught some last wed. Three O clock, started thinking I might just hang it up. About three thirty I started stowing things on the boat. I have four lines out. One with two jigs, "black with chartreuse tail" about 16 to 20" apart. Had a minnow on the end of the others and different colors of jigs about 16 to 20" above the minnow. Well I'm putting things up and one of the rods just folded over. "Fish On". Crappie in the boat another rod folds over, another crappie, and again..... I had three crappie laying in the floor of the boat. They got HAWNGERY, all at the same time. I ended up in that round, one 10 1/2, one 12" and a 13" crappie. Minnows on, lines out, here I go again. Another one 14". Ended up with seven keepers. May not sound like much to some but earlier as I was still looking for the fish, passing the boat ramp I seen a lot of people giving up and going home empty live welled. I almost done the same thing. Water temp was in the morning 58 and 62 in the afternoon.