Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fuel Spill in Weber River
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not much to be done now, maybe fuel trucks need to have a lower speed limit, or better barrier built, or maybe this is the new reality...weber river, Spillard Bay, what's next?
[signature]
[url "http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27922929&nid=148&title=semitrailer-crashes-into-river-leaks-fuel&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-18"]http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27922929&nid=148&title=semitrailer-crashes-into-river-leaks-fuel&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-18[/url]
Through the teary eyes I forgot to add the link.
[signature]
[quote FishWisconsin]Not much to be done now, maybe fuel trucks need to have a lower speed limit, or better barrier built, or maybe this is the new reality...weber river, Spillard Bay, what's next?[/quote]

Except it wasn't a fuel tanker. It was the normal fuel tanks that are on EVERY semi tractor. If you look at the picture of the wreck, it is a high cube trailer.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{[/green][size 4][green]⦇[/green][/size][blue]°>[/blue]
[signature]
It would be cost prohibitive to build a barrier that would contain an overturned 80,000 to 129,000 lb truck along every waterway. I don't know what caused this wreck, but it is usually speed. There are usually special speed limits for trucks in areas that are hazardous due to grades or curves. I don't know exactly where in the canyon this happened or if there was a special limit that applied. It's probably a moot point anyway. If a driver is going too fast for conditions and tips a truck over, he/she is ignoring limits and common sense anyway. Roll Stability Controls (RSC) that are in use/development for big trucks now are probably the best cure for this type of accident. You'll probably see them mandated for all trucks in the near future.
[signature]
He nodded off. Sleepy driver. [frown]
[signature]
I hope the clean up works and the fish are alright.
I have read where the person that kills fish from a chemical spill has to pay to replace the fish.
Hope it all works out.
[signature]
That happens a lot , too. [Smile]
[signature]