Fishing Forum

Full Version: Thoughts for My Son...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My son Chris suffered a Spontaneous Pneumothorax (ruptured lung) while at work. Spent Friday in the ER at McKay-Dee in Ogden outstanding ER staff and Dr Sill well can't say enough about the care he and the entire staff gave Chris.

Left lung was partially deflated Dr inserted chest tube and chest x-ray showed lung inflated and released Chris late afternoon on Friday with chest tube.

Its been a rough weekend for the K2 family and for sure Chris. He's doing okay been eating and just taking it very easy. Come tomorrow we have a follow up to see if chest tube can be removed and lung healed.

I don't ask for much from folks but if BFT folks can keep Chris in your thoughts for a speedy recovery I'd greatly appreciate it. He's bummed that he can't get out and snowboard and fly fish. Driving home on Friday he told me Mom for yours and Kay's Christmas present I'm going ice fishing with you (brought tears to my eyes)...we just want him back to a healthy 22 year old and have been maintaining and yes as a mother I'm hovering over him. So again please keep him in your thoughts and we hope this bad memory will be in the past with 100% recovery so he can get back to doing the things he loves to do.

Respectfully,
Kim and Kay
[signature]
We will keep Chris in our prayers for a speedy recovery Kim. I have never heard of this happening to anyone, is it very common?
[signature]
Thanks Curt...ER Doctor said Chris meets the profile that being tall, thin and young healthy male. Kay's son had the same thing happen when he was a sophomore in HS same build as Chris is now. Adam fully recovered but spent 5 days in hospital as his lung totally collapsed whereas Chris's didn't. Will find out the long term prognosis tomorrow. Just want him to return to being a normal 22yo.
[signature]
That is just terrible to hear. I hope a full recovery is possible. Make sure you drill some holes for 'em![fishon]
[signature]
I wish you and Chris the best.
[signature]
Glad that he got good care. Best of wishes and God Bless you all.
[signature]
Sorry to hear your troubles, Our family will say prayer for his safe and quick recovery
[signature]
Update: Chris is doing really good. Xray on Monday after they clamped the tube off and had him walk around shows lung remained inflated. Removed chest tube and hopefully lung blister or cyst has healed. He's headed back to work today. Thank all for the thoughts...[Smile][Smile]
[signature]