Fishing Forum

Full Version: BFT not iPhone friendly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This site keeps opening the app store to candy crush and spotify over and over again. Makes the site un-usable on a mobile phone.

Developers should update their Ad campaigns to exclude auto-launch.

Y
[signature]
Works fine with my android phone.[:p]
[signature]
This problem has already been brought to the owners attention and we are waiting to see a responds. The last response was that BFT is due an overhaul or face lift and it will be taken care of then.
[signature]
[quote CBR]This site keeps opening the app store to candy crush and spotify over and over again. Makes the site un-usable on a mobile phone.

Developers should update their Ad campaigns to exclude auto-launch.

Y[/quote]

yeah i had the same issue and just gave up using BFT all together on my phone, which sucks because im not always around the computer to check in on here Sad
[signature]
Works fine on my android but I would really like to see BFT become Taptalk friendly.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]This problem has already been brought to the owners attention and we are waiting to see a responds. The last response was that BFT is due an overhaul or face lift and it will be taken care of then.[/quote]

That is bad for this business and reflects one of the reasons why the site is in decline. While I agree it needs a face lift/overhaul, when is this expected to be done? 2016?

When was the last time the site got an "overhaul" or even any form up update to follow the changing times with social media? I can tell you, its been 5-6 years. Having the background I do in this field and being on top of the current and upcoming trends, this overhaul needs to take place sooner than later or it will be the demise of the BFT community.

I hope it goes through an overhaul soon because this site still has some benefit to the community and following, nowhere near what it did several years ago and I believe that is because of the lack of forward thinking and evolution of the community portal.

Because of that iPhone issue, I can tell you my visits to this site will decrease up to 80% because I use my phone more than anything. Less hits for BFT = less advertisement money for the owner.
[signature]
I have been on BFT for almost 12 years now and while I agree with you that the site needs to be upgraded, I disagree with there being any sort of decline in the site. I have heard a lot of the older members make that statement but the only decline I see is the posting by some of those long time members. The total number of post has remained the same and the number of new members signing up has actually increased. You and I both know there is no fishing web site as active in Ut as BFT. I hope the upgrade happens sooner than later, as it will effect the overall use of the site, if it is delayed too long.
[signature]
Glad to hear it's not just my phone that this happens to it is annoy !
[signature]
I have used two different Android phones and the site has worked fine on both of them. I do agree that the site needed to be updated many moons ago.
[signature]
But Android isn't Apple. It is too bad there is an issue with Apple as it is probably one of the most popular phones. On that note, I am Android as well[Smile]
As far as the decline, a lot of the ones that have been here for longer than 5 years do appear to post less, myself included. But, there is a lot of new posters.
A new face lift is very much needed to make this run faster and smoother.
[signature]
[quote redfrog]Works fine on my android but I would really like to see BFT become Taptalk friendly.[/quote]

I use taps talk with another forum I am on and it is really nice.
[signature]
[quote barbs78]Glad to hear it's not just my phone that this happens to it is annoy ![/quote]

I notice these only pop up if there is an actual ad on the site at that time. And yes it is annoying.
[signature]