Fishing Forum

Full Version: drumking, Chickamauga, Crappie, Jan, 16, 2014, Catfish1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Catfish1 (Jim Edmister) and I got a pass from the Bend to go out this afternoon and fish for crappie. It was nice if you were an Eskimo. emoBigSmile Here is what we caught.<br /><br />Keeper crappie - 6, kept 3<br />undersize crappie - 8 or 9 - Jim used great skill to catch one about 4" long.<br />Water temp - 45.1 degrees<br />Sunny, but wind picking up and brother was it cold.<br /><br />We fished vertical structure and off shore structure. Fish were biting decent for this time of year. No giant fish though. Keepers were 10.75 to 12". Cajun cricket was the color that I caught fish on. I caught 6 in a row at one point, but only 1 keeper in that bunch.<br /><br />Kept getting texts from people, so we finally just decided to quit when we stopped feeling our fingers. Windy, rough ride back down river, but we were bundled up really good and the G3 took to the water just fine. <br /><br />Thanks for going with me today, Jim and shepherding me along my pathway. It is easy to see when some need help. emoGeezer emoBigSmile emoUpSmile