Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fish Lake Ice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Folks, My Uncle is coming in from out of town and wants to give Ice fishing a shot again (He says he hasn't been since his teens and got skunked and a cold when he did.. Poor Bloike)

He has mentioned to me in the past the Fish lake is one of his Favorite places to go, Anyone have a report on how the ice/slush is if any?

Thank you in advance for any information! :-)
[signature]
I was there this weekend and if you stay on the west side the slush is almost non existent. I did run into some out toward the middle but I was on a fourwheeler if your walking you would not go through to the slush.
[signature]
Fished sun up to sun down Feb 22nd and 23rd. We fished the North end to middle of lake. Ice was a solid 7" -9" with 3" frozen slush and 2" pack snow. Fishing was good as ever.
[signature]
Nice to hear good reports coming from there. Hopefully the ice will still be good in a couple of weeks and I can hit it on the 15th,
[signature]
Happy To hear the good reports indeed! Hopefully the warmer weather this week doesn't kill the ice before we get a chance to get out on Saturday.

Thanks for the reports!
[signature]
[cool]was there today 2/25/14. north end what a beaty of a day. ice is great no slush 9to10 thick fishing was also great
[signature]
Sounds like things are still great on FL. So what were you catching?
[signature]
[Smile]mostly perch to many to count. limit of splake and rainbows. could not get a mack attack
[signature]