Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, Bass, 2/25/14, Ben Hayes(Pics added)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not much happening this morning with work. Had to make a few calls and follow ups but other then that I was done. Ben happened to give me a call to see if I would like to go for some bass with him and I jumped on the opportunity. I told Ben if someone called for a quote I might have to leave and he had no problem running me back to the landing if that were to happen. emoThumbsup Got there with the clouds still over head and a slight breeze. Thought we were going to load the boat. With Ben and Brent having over 20 lbs in the CBA and me and Derek having over 23 pounds in the CBA we figured between the two of us we would have at least 25 lbs. emoTongue It did not happen. <br /><br />We started off pretty good, had about 13 lbs pretty quick but when the sun broke out the bite shut off. It was not a very busy afternoon. One here and there but slowly we put together a decent limit. Nothing to brag about and no kicker but we had a good time. Culled up to 18.74 lbs. I tracked our weights and the best five were 4.21, 3.82, 3.78, 3.72 and 3.21. Ben took some pictures and said he would post the best five from today. emoThumbsup Tried to get that weight over 20 lbs and add that kicker but just was not meant to be today. A solid limit, however with the way the lake has been fishing that might not have even been a check if we had been in a tournament. emoRolleyes <br /><br />Best baits today were the Rig (I still hate that thing), traps and cranks. Water clarity was muddy to stained in most areas. Water temp when we got there was 50 and found up to 56+ before we left. It seemed all the bass we caught today were some how relating to spawning flats. Most on or near a point leading into a spawning area. Depth today for most bass was anywhere from 4 to about 12 feet. We thought with the water coming up they might have gone real shallow but they seemed to have actually moved out some. The opposite of what you would expect, go figure?<br /><br />Thanks for the ride today Ben. emoToast Jmax