Fishing Forum

Full Version: TR20bh, Chick, CBA 9th place, Bass, 2/22/14, MocsTR20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 2 fair days practicing, Brent & I decided we would stay shallow today. We had located 5 areas we thought we could rotate through & catch at least a respectable limit, & after the way fishing had been up until Thurs, we thought that would be great. Started the morning off on 2-3' flats & had 4 keepers from 2.5-3.75#. Moved to a cut near a creek channel & caught a 2.35 for a small limit. Headed to another creek & Brent lost a stud almost to the boat & then caught a 4.1 to cull. headed to another creek & Brent catches a 6# to cull again. Made one more cull with a 3.5# & even though we caught almost 4 limits of keepers, that was all we could muster. Got real excited a few times when we hooked big gar, blue cats, a flathead & a huge crappie, thinking we had a hawg emoRedface , but had a fun day & came in with 20.1# for 9th place, got a check & good points in a month we didn't expect to do well.<br />Congrats to Teddy & Brad for the win & all the guys who placed, Well Done!<br />Oh, here's a couple of pics of a 6.5 & a 6.1 I caught on Thurs & Fri. just to show I can catch a big fish, even though Brent makes me net his & cull mine for our tournaments! emoLaugh