Fishing Forum

Full Version: Grape PowerBait Surprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided to make a quick trip out to Baker Reservoir Tuesday afternoon. I didn't get there till noon so I figured the bite would be sort of slow. I got my first fish on Rainbow PowerBait and hiked up back to the Jeep to get a second pole and a folding chair.

I put some Grape Nymph Powerbait on a treble hook and cast it out there. I put the pole on the back of the chair and walked away. I put some Rainbow on another pole and walked left and cast that line in the water. Expecting a bite with the pole with the Rainbow but checking the other pole, I looked and saw the pole I left on the chair was bending. I set the pole down that I was holding and picked up my other pole with the Grape Nymph on it. Then reeled in a nice 13" rainbow trout.

About 45 minutes later I got another bite with the Grape Nymph PowerBait. I was going to get rid of that bait but I think I'll keep it for now. It's not my favorite flavor but it works. It was a nice afternoon on the lake with lots of sunshine. Baker Reservoir is not my lake of choice but it is nice in the winter/early spring.
[signature]
awesome, but... the real question is, does it really taste like grape? let us know!
[signature]
It has always astounded me that the very same kind of fish that utterly rejects a fly with the most minute of defects zipping past the fish's nose in turbulent river water will eagerly gulp down a hunk of psychedelic plastic sitting there motionless in a lake.
[signature]
[quote kochanut]... the real question is, does it really taste like grape? let us know![/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I sure like those wet towels you buy at the store to clean your hands off. I don't like that stuff on my food. Not for human consumption.
[signature]