Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fish Catching at Willard right now.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey yall,

Has anyone caught any fish at willard in the open water this year? From Boat or shore? What kind of fish? I was thinking of heading up there sunday and trying my luck.

Yuba, any boats launched there yet?

Utah Lake, Still a bunch of ice I am Guessing. Right?

And help if anyone has caught any would be great.

Cheers
[signature]
One member reported catching some catfish last week around the South end of the lake.
[signature]
I would think the walleye "SNAG FEST" at the inlet should begin any day now.[:/]
[signature]
Was at Yuba Tuesday to much ice for a boat maybe good to go this weekend
[signature]
Hey WH2, was hoping to at least drown some worms somewhere at WB this weekend. Then the rain moved in. Oh well, next week maybe.
How'd your ice season go this year Curt ?

Tin-Can
[signature]
I just came from Lincoln Beach. The dikes and harbor is open to launch, but still floating ice with much open water in from of the "L" and orchards. You could launch and maybe work your way through the ice flows in a boat, but I wouldn't do it. Maybe by Sunday you could fish.

One mile west of the orchards into Goshen bay is open. You can access the lake from the shore in may places. 4 days ago I saw some guys fishing from the shoreline near the lone tree. I'm assuming they were fishing for catfish.

I was considering Starvation for the week end but with this weather I'm thinking of trying for prespawn walleye at Lincoln beach or deer creek this Sunday. I don't mind rain, but hate wind and dodging ice. Several years ago I was trapped by wind blown ice and thought it was going to crush my boat, but found an opening and got back to the ramp. Never again.

It's about to start. I have to keep telling myself...Patience, Patience!
[signature]
[quote Tin-Can]Hey WH2, was hoping to at least drown some worms somewhere at WB this weekend. Then the rain moved in. Oh well, next week maybe.
How'd your ice season go this year Curt ?

Tin-Can[/quote]

Hey Forest, are you telling me you don't ice fish? If not, you are missing out, we had some of the best ice fishing ever, at Willard this year. Were you fishing your normal spot today or another spot?
[signature]
Hey Curt, yes started out same place we were last Nov. then moved over to marina north bank.
Na, I'm really not into ice fishin. I don't like the cold, the sound of the ice cracking and groaning. And since I fish almost all summer, only fair to stay home with the wife during the winter. Especially this past winter. She had surgery to right foot and wasn't too mobile for a while. She's back to work and driving now. Just in time to start getting my stuff together for this summer.
Check out the reply post I made to RockyRaab earlier.
Hope to run into ya more this season.
[signature]
I took the yak out for a few hours, didn't even get a bite. Beautiful day for paddling though.
[signature]
I thought I saw a yakker, but didn't have my binos with me to be sure.

Saw two boats, and there were three parked trailers in the lot when I arrived (about 2:30 pm). Water level appears to be 10-12 feet below full. It's been down long enough that brush has grown below the full-pool mark. If it fills, that'll be good for the crappie spawn. Here's hoping!
[signature]