Fishing Forum

Full Version: Deer Creek Mon 4/21, w/ Berries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went with my girlfriend to DC this morning. We fished near the dam from 8:45-11:30am with crawlers and several flavors of pb. I also chucked a few Rapalas as well. Not a single bite was to be had. Did not see any other bank tanglers or boaters hook anything either. This was definitely a far cry different than the action we had experienced several weeks ago. My buddies only did a little better yesterday, with only one bow for 2 people. At least the weather was nice and we were entertained by a pair of loons.

We decided to take a drive to the Berry after our skunk fest just to check it out. The edges (along 40) are getting thin with a few extremely shallow spots melting away. I imagine there will be some fishable open areas within a week or two... so get ready! Spoke to a pair of fly flingers that were going to try it out north side of the ladders. I also spoke with a person at the ladders who said he'd only seen two fish caught there since 6:45am. No reason to stay, so we boogied back down the mountain to try again another day!
[signature]
I also fished DC this a.m. from 7:00 to noon. It was a tough day of fishing. Ended up catching 5 rainbows. Caught 3 within 15 minutes around 8:00 a.m. with a pink plankton squid on the surface & the other 2 with a RMT spoon at a depth of 20 feet around 11:15. Other than that it was dead. I was fishing with 2 poles and changing gear every 20 to 30 minutes. Tried LC Pointers, Rapalas, squids w/dodgers, pop gear & spoons.
[signature]