Fishing Forum

Full Version: input needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hey guys i need your input, i am coming up with a new fishing log for my work and would love to hear what you look for in a fishing log. i was thinking a space for pre fishing notes as well as spots for types of structure fished, water temp and clearity species etc

please list the things most important to you in a fishing log!
[signature]
This is what I put in my log

Weather (temps, overcast, sunny etc.)
Wind
Water Clarity
Water temps
if i'm fishing the river i note the flow, if it's up, down etc
Lures/Jigs/flies used
Presentation (slow, fast, jerk, etc)

I like to write so I usually carry a small notebook just to jot down the info above then I do a full trip report in my journal. I'm writing an entry right now from last months trip to pyramid lake. (hence the reason I carry a small notebook to mark down the simple info) It's already 4 pages and i have more to write...I get a little nerdy...

Hope this helps

Russ-T
[signature]
With today's gizmos you should be able to record the lake level elevation (full pool versus drought year), Barometric pressure might have some value.
and of course GPS coordinates of the honey hole.
[signature]
I also write down what the weather was like the day before and day after and the moon phase, since I'm a believer that they all effect the bite.
[signature]
the barometric pressure and moon phase are very important when fishing warm water species. i also include what kind of structure i fished.
[signature]