Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So u think the berry will have enuff open water to float a boat Saturday or not? And is ice off just as good from the bank as it is from a boat?
[signature]
[quote Duckaholic87]So u think the berry will have enuff open water to float a boat Saturday or not? And is ice off just as good from the bank as it is from a boat?[/quote]

from what i heard there is still A Lot of ice, that wont be gone by the weekend, so id say no but not 100%

as for ice off, i cant answer that as ive never been but im going friday and again sunday to shore fish
[signature]
Ice off lasts only a few days and it is better to fish from the shore. The fish are in close enjoying the warmer water as the ice recedes from the shore.
[signature]
Was up there yesterday. Still lots more ice than water along the highway and down the Soldier Creek side. Fishing during mid-day was worthless we didn't see any of the dozen or so anglers catch a thing in the hour we were there.
[signature]
It is a hit miss thing. Last year was not a great ice off. Year before, pretty good.
[signature]
Came by there last Sat. on my way back from Starvation. The ladders had open water out in front maybe 100 yards or so. There were a few people fishing from shore but it was spitting snow and blowing pretty hard when we went by. Should be a little more open water now.
[signature]
How good of fishing is it in the evenings compared to morning?
[signature]
Seems to be for me at least. I've had far better and more consistent fishing a few weeks after ice off. I have had enough good days to keep going. Morning/evening are almost better but all I had time for was a short mid-day shot.
[signature]
[#484848]And ...... How was Starvation?[/#484848]
[signature]
Good to know, thanks.
I am curious on Starvation too,Pack.
[signature]
I was up to the Berry today and do not see any reason to think that a boat could launch anywhere on the lake this weekend. Only spot I a could see putting a Pontoon in, was at the ladders. do not know how fast this thing works, but not looking good yet. Maybe in a week it will be much different.
[signature]
2 questions, were you fishing, if so did you have any luck? has anyone else have any luck recently? or I guess 3 questions...
[signature]