Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lost creek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit it up today.. 0 in the boat. Mainly fished the boat ramp arm. I'm new to this reservoir and drove the boat around looking for fish, ended up marking more in the boat ramp arm. Any
Suggestions would be welcome or pm me. We anchored over fish Via ipilot, but only a few bump and bye's. Buddy had one on a kastmaster but it decided to go somewhere else after a half minute. Thanks for any info and good luck if you go Smile
[signature]
Did you try trolling? You should be able to pick them up trolling your normal trout gear. Try a dodger and a squid. The area from the dam out to the boat launch arm should produce but I like trolling along the cliff on the West side, from the dam to the back arm.
[signature]
We didn't troll very much, but should have... Just got the terrova ipilot ang was playing with the spot lock over fish, next time I'll stick to trolling. At least for the most part. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
How do you like the ipilot so far? I just got one for my boat but havent tried it out yet.
[signature]
I also love trolling the west cliff. During run off there are usually a bunch of fish all the way north at the inlet. I am looking forward to seeing how the slot limit has effected fishing Lost Creek this year. I'll probably take my dad up within the next couple of weeks.
I have had success with Jakes, Rapala's, spinners and Blue Fox.
[signature]
I've fished LC for years and thrown everything at them. Best success we have is trolling. I always run at least one rod with a spinner and do very well. The boat speed makes a big diff too. Usually troll 1.5 - 2.5 mph. Slower gets bows faster picks up cuts. Later in the year we use the down riggers with good success, but need to know the lake because depths vary from 5 ft to 105 ft.
Broke back rapallas, spinners, koke gear, pop gear and worm all produce well.
Hoping for bigger fish now that the restriction is in place... hopefully better quality upcoming in the future.
[signature]
The ipilot is all it's talked up to be. It walks te walk. You do have to consider that it's based on the head of the motor, not the boat. So the couple times I've used the wind blew the boat around but the motor stayed true. I love it.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. That place has some crazy depths, 10' to 95' in 50 yards in some spots! I didn't go much north of the boat ramp bay but will after seeing that's where lost creek dumps in and your advise. Thanks again, everyone...
[signature]
Your getting ALL the fancy toys!
[signature]