Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rusty @ 6mos and fishun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yeah, I know.. Kind of a nothing post. Went to the Web. 4/30, Water flow up at 80 scfs and little muddy, Caught my typical trout ranging from 16-19 in., took some pics of Rusty but not the fish since they were the same old. same old.
Only thing different - I've created a monster. [Image: icon_lol.gif] All Rusty wants to do is swim in the river, especially where I'm fishing and chase my hook ups. I have to be pretty good at playing the fish to prevent tangles with him. All is good though!!! [Image: icon_e_biggrin.gif] Used my standard prince nymph.

[inline "6 mos.jpg"]
[signature]
Good looking pup! Sounds like he is coming along just fine.
[signature]
Looks like you and the rustinator are doing great!
[signature]
Did he always like the water or was he scared at first? I have a golden retriever pup and she loves going fishing with me but won't get in the water for anything.
[signature]
No he was wary of the river when I first introduced it at 5 mos. Wouldn't go near it. Since he loves to retrieve sticks, I tossed one in the shallows. He was still was very wary. So I tossed one in and waded out to it. He followed and retrieved. Guess it was me giving confidence. Then when I tossed sticks in and it was over his head, he did the "dog paddle" thing. (looked funny). Next, I put a vest on and tossed in water over his head. The vest did the trick. After a few tosses, I took the vest off and he swam like a seal. Now I can't keep him out!!!! [Smile] You can do much the same thing in a res. or lake with waders or a float tube. Did this same thing with all my 3 previous goldens.
[signature]
Looks like that pup is getting bigger!

When will rusty get his 1st taste of some bass fishin?[fishin]
[signature]
Always nice to read your posts Fred. Looks like you guys sure are having fun.
[signature]
What's the deal here leaky? You can't even give me the time of day anymore?[mad]
[signature]