Fishing Forum

Full Version: Quick Willard Trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a chance to finally get out to Willard today. My daughter asked to go with me so we got on the water by about 4:30pm. Hoped with the warm weather things would be productive. Launched at the North Marina and headed north towards the dike. Put out both rods and within 15 minutes, hooked up on the first wiper. About another 15 minutes later, number two came to play. A bit smaller so we put him back. Made our way towards the west dike and made a 180 back towards the east side. My daughter yelled at me that she had fish on, and right as those words came out, my rod hit as well. Doubled up. With some work, we got both of them in. Two more in the box. One more joined the party a few minutes later, and then doubled up again. First time doubling up on wipers, and it happened TWICE today. I like it. Got our limit but she wanted to fish more. Ended up hooking up with a few more and letting them all go... in fact they all let themselves go on the way to the boat or boat side. All in all, a real good first trip. Hoped to get a few walleye, but for about an hour and a half to limit out on wipers, I call that a win. Now to get out and find the walleye and crappie in the next trip or two.
[signature]
That's awesome ! Wish me the same luck as you when I go Saturday.
[signature]
What is the limit this year on Wipers?
[signature]
Three wipers is the limit this year.
[signature]
Great post!! Good to see the kid get on some wiper action...
That's what I thought but there are few out there that think it is still six.
[signature]
They might be thinking of the walleye limit, which is 6. The wiper limit is 3.
Page 38 of the 2014 guidebook.
[signature]
[#484848]Nice ...... Good to talk to you at the dock when you came in ...... That was a nice day to take a kid fishing.[/#484848]
[#484848]In wiperhunters case it was a good day to take an old guy out ...... I'm glad that your daughter enjoyed it.[/#484848]
[signature]
there is nothing sweeter than seeing the grin on a young persons face . congrats[cool]
[signature]
That's great I need to get my grand kids out there for some of that action!!!
[signature]
I don't remember the wiper limit ever being six..[bobsuspicious] I could be wrong, but I read the rules cover to cover every year on principle, and I only remember it being 2 or 3 ever.

I saw some cheaters on the channel earlier this year. Pissed me off, mainly because I have never caught even ONE.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Here's a picture from 2004 when the limit was, in fact, 6 wipers. Big Earl and I kept this limit for 2.

[/size][/#800000][/font][inline 2004_0607(006).JPG]
[signature]
WaveWolf and I talked to you at the dock as you and your daughter were coming in on Friday. I guess I should have ask if you were on BFT but I did not see any stickers on your boat so I figured you were not a member. Always good to get the kids out and let them enjoy the great outdoors. It was a good day on the water.
I also meet icejunkie out there on Friday.
[signature]
Good to bump into you. It sounded like you guys had quite the day as well. I need to try to find some of those wallys myself. Took this Friday and next Monday off, but with the weather not cooperating, not too sure how it will go. Nice meeting you. Need to find me some of those stickers to be better recognized going forward. [Smile]
[signature]
Sheesh! You guys are so pro! Still working on my first one! Was going to go today, but the cold rain yesterday has me spooked.
[signature]