Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah Lake 5/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit the Lindon area with my buddy UtahLakeCats for a re try from yesterday (only landed one cat). It ended up being a little more fruitful. We got on the water about 6:30 am, and the weather was just perfect.
[inline "Utah Lake 4.25 1.jpg"]

It was probably only 10 minutes before I hooked up with my first cat of the day.
[inline "Utah Lake 4.25 2.jpg"]

It wasn't quite as fast as action as I had hoped after the quick hook up, but I did end up with 6 cats for the day. The biggest going about 24 inches.
[inline "Utah Lake 4.25 4.jpg"]

Still nothing to show for the contest, but we're just warming up. I caught 4 on shrimp, and 2 on carp meat.

About 9 o'clock a hurricane started. All the boats headed off the lake, but ULC stayed out in the middle fishing away. I thought I was going to have to call the coast guard to pull his body out of the lake. Luckily we made it back to shore safely with a solid day under our belts. ULC caught 7 cats of his own.

Also, I want to do this...
[inline "Utah Lake 4.25 3.jpg"]
[signature]
Wonderful! How was the wind after early morning.
[signature]
It was terrible. It went from complete calm to hurricane winds in a matter of 2 minutes.
[signature]
Nice catch man! It's like to make it down soon, need to pull in my first cat of the season still
[signature]
Nice cats. I think the cats must have had a good winter cuz they all look pretty healthy. The ones I have caught look just like the ones you guys caught -- nice greenish color and pot-bellies. Maybe they will start to get uglier as the love season intensifies. I remember some from last year that looked like they had been beat up with a big stick.

Anyhow, good catch. I'm down until this cold spell passes. But next week should be really good. Can't wait.

BLK
[signature]
I go pretty much every weekend on the tube. Hit me up. We should try to get back out to that place that we found in the reeds at mud lake. There's a decent amount of water in the lake right now, but it probably won't last too long.
[signature]
Yeah, I've been noticing that as well. It looks like they've all had plenty to eat. Nice and chunky. Now if I can just get the bigger ones dialed in...
[signature]
Haha... well I'm glad you were ready to call in the coast guard in case I got lost at sea. Yeah that wind picked up fast and I realized how hard it is to paddle against the waves on fin power alone. I was seriously in the same spot for like 3-5 minutes. I was using landmarks to show progress and I was staring at the same one for like 5 minutes haha. Next time I see it picking up, I'll be heading towards shore.
Evil wind, cute kitties. Nice Southern sized cats there. [:p]

You gonna bring your tube for the floatilla? At least the wind is tamer on the river, lots more cover. Sure hope we get a nice stretch of weather.

You can always upgrade your entries. At least someone from the south has posted up some cats.
Yes, the tube will set sail on the bear. I'm excited.

I'm just too lazy to hang onto the cats until I get to shore and measure them. If I'm dragging them around on the tube for hours they better be big enough to count.
[signature]