Fishing Forum

Full Version: gene0122, Tellico, Crappie, 6-21-14, Night Bite Crappie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the past few weeks I've been out there during the pistol packing wee hours of the night searching for them crappie. Tonight I fished from around 12 am until it started getting daylight around 6 am. The number of lifters exceeded the netters but I guess that is to be expected. The best 2 crappie were a 13" black and a 13 1/2" white. I believe 31 fish got sore lipped in total with 25 being crappie, 2 white bass, 4 yellow bass. <br />Here is something that I have found to be very strange. This being a white crappie dominate lake , the white crappie seem to be all but nonexistent during the night. Almost every crappie I've caught after dark has been blacks. Hmmm<br />Colors receiving the bite were Glo Yellow/White and one of my favorites Orange/Chartreuse with a 1/16 Double Cross jig head. Been putting the Double Cross jig head to the field test. Costs a bit more but so far so good. Comes in 1/32, 1/16, and 1/8th. I will include a pic of the design. <br />