Fishing Forum

Full Version: fishnaddiction, chickamauga, crappie, night fishing, July 01, 2014, Brian, Mike, Ethan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mike worked with my son in Florida. During one of my visits we were fishing on a pear and I told him if he was ever in the area, look me up and we'll wet a line. He called and said he wanted me to put him and his son on some fish. We met up at 6, stopped at the bait shop, picked up 10 dozen minnows and was on the water around 7. Still a little early, we rode around, checked a few spots and anchored down. 20' of water right next to a drop off. Dropped down to 30'. Started off slow but when the sun went down we put the lights out. The minners showed up and then the fish. Mike's son caught his first crappie with assistance. Didn't take long, Ethan went from instructional beginner to baiting his own hook, casting on his own, reeling a fish in and taking the fish off the hook in no time. Kid is a natural. We caught 29 keepers and 64 throwbacks. Most of the keepers were in the 10" range. Seven in the eleven and two in the twelve range. We used bobber stoppers and set the depth at 10'. Tried different depths and 10 was the best. Water temp was 86.