Fishing Forum

Full Version: Tickets for single axle boat trailers not being licensed!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I guess that wasn't the case, I talked to Willard's Park manger and he said they were not issuing tickets for single axle boat trailer, just tandem axle trailer. After contacting all the members that said they received tickets, I found out they all had tandem axle boat trailers. So I guess all of us with single axle boat trailer are ok, for now at least.
WH2
[signature]
That's good news I can head back to Willard now. Figured if they were being that anal I better stay away, sure there's some obscure law I'm not familiar with that I'd be breaking. Sucks when they focus on stupid stuff and pay no attention to the truly important stuff like boats running over top of other boats. To me that trailer license is a joke where you already pay through the nose to license the boat and you can't use the trailer for anything else so I think this is a double taxation issue. But I guess we need to elect common sense people who will make reasonable laws not career folks looking for revenue. Ok I'm done. Later J
[signature]
"Common Sense" isn't very common anymore, and is not allowed when dealing with city, state, or Federal government.[crazy]
[signature]
Instead of lounging around the parking lot, they ought to be out patrolling in those never-used boats of theirs. License plates or the lack thereof won't get anybody killed, but the behavior of some boaters sure as heck could.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm having a real difficult time understanding the incentive for the Park Rangers to be writing these citations. It's not like the fines collected are going directly into their parks budget. Anybody have a clue as to WHY they are doing it? It would seem to me that this should be handled by UHP or each county's Sheriff's Office; NOT Parks & Recreation. As Rocky indicated, they certainly could be making better use of their time.
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
I think all trailers should be licensed and inspected. It a safety issue. Thought it was crazy that they aren't in Utah. And that was reinforced when I saw a single axle trailer full of firewood wobble down a big hill on I-15 in front of me. As I was braking to get further back (was at least 200 yards back already) the trailer came off the hitch dumping wood in my path. It went across the median and narrowly missed a car smacking head on into it. I stopped short of the wood and me and another guy cleared the wood off the road as traffic backed up. Stupid yokel driving a pickem up truck just sat dumbfounded at the side of the road.
[signature]
Scary stuff, but inspection and licensing might not prevent this.
The leaf spring broke on my flat bed with our pontoons on it. No way of predicting this.
One time i was glad there was garbage on the side of the road. A computer speaker and two bungies got me home.lol
I am glad I don't have to license my trailer...;-)
[signature]
Good to know what was really happening up there. Thanks![cool]
[signature]
Well said. It always makes me mad when the rangers are out patrolling the empty campgrounds in their OHVs while I'm out on the water dodging drunkards pulling other drunkards around the lake!
[signature]
Bob-- "Why?' Usually this is a case of someone who does not have enough to do and needs to find something to do to justify their position. Simple as that.

By the way... ditto on your "73 years young and still going as hard as I can for as long as I can."

BLK
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]Instead of lounging around the parking lot, they ought to be out patrolling in those never-used boats of theirs. License plates or the lack thereof won't get anybody killed, but the behavior of some boaters sure as heck could.[/quote]

They were out in their boat Sunday at Willard Bay, 2 Rangers were out checking people out and watched us through binoculars when we were catching Fish, so they were out there but it was a first to see them at Willard in a Boat for me.
[signature]
Just license your trailer so you can take it where there are real fish, like below the Jerome golf course. Smile
[signature]
Ha, I was born in Jerome. But, I am a Utahan for most my life. I don't have to license single axle, under 750lb by Utah laws, good enough for me...I can still Legally take my unlicensed trailer pulled by my vehicle with Utah plates to Jerome Golf Course..Bwahahahaha.
That same trailer is going to find it's way to Montana in a couple weeks. Pulling a 14' inglatable Drifter.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Ha, I was born in Jerome. But, I am a Utahan for most my life. I don't have to license single axle, under 750lb by Utah laws, good enough for me...I can still Legally take my unlicensed trailer pulled by my vehicle with Utah plates to Jerome Golf Course..Bwahahahaha.
That same trailer is going to find it's way to Montana in a couple weeks. Pulling a 14' inglatable Drifter.[/quote]

Sweet![cool]
[signature]
This statement has been copied right off the State of Utah DMV site:
"Every trailer operated in Utah, including travel and tent trailers, weighing more than 750 lbs, must be titled and registered. Each trailer owner must pay a registration fee at the time of initial registration and annually thereafter."

As to why the Park Rangers give tickets. There is only ONE type of law enforcement officer in Utah. It doesn't matter what color uniform or agency they work for. So whether it is a city copy, county sheriff, park ranger or UDWR officer, they can and do write tickets for all Utah laws. Its simple, if you obey the law, you don't get a ticket. Do I like it all the time? No, but that is just my opinion. So, if you want to haul your trailer >750lbs on a road, then you license it. If you choose not to, then pay the piper.
[signature]