Fishing Forum

Full Version: drumking, Chickamauga, Crappie, August 14, 2014, Gator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ernie Biddy, aka, "Gator" on the forum volunteered to take the old DK on a crappie mission this AM since I didn't have a ride back yet. So, we tried and tried and tried to catch him a big mess of crappie, but only got enough keepers for one good meal for him and Glenda. 4 keepers and 3 short crappie were all that we were able to muster up this AM. All fish were deep, over 20 feet, and not very aggressive. We caught our fish on a vertical structure and the last keeper on a bridge piling. Or just off it a little bit. Ghastly minnows, Cajun Cricket and Outlaw Special were the only colors that we tried. NNW wind wasn't too strong, but we had a pretty good current going in the opposite direction. I just hate it when it is like that. Boat control was bothersome for Ernie and the fish were only in one tiny isolated spot and if you didn't get the jig exactly at the correct depth and moving in the proper direction, the fish would just let the jig pass on by. It is tough fishing with the current moon phase. Better suited for yard work.<br /><br />Thank you Gator, for taking me fishing today. We tried, didn't we. It will get better. I quit at 10:30 and Gator was going back out to fish until it got too hot for him. emoBigSmile emoGeezer