Fishing Forum

Full Version: EricM, Chick, catfish, 8-13-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A much better day than that last trip even though Friday the 13th fell on a Wednesday this week. Let's see - pretty strong cold front went through, wind is from the north, and this is August. I know! I'll go fishing!!<br /><br />And instead of saying "Catch a big one", as I went out the door, Mary said "Try not to get wet this time, dear".<br /><br />Just the most beautiful day I could have wished for. I found some fish, and a friend found me. Candi (cuonthelake) spotted me today and came over for a really nice chat. She's doing that August search, but for crappie. Seems most species are still on vacation. She is a really nice lady!<br /><br />I did well on the little blue cats with the largest at 8 pounds (still fun!). I haven't found a big blue cat on the Chick for a couple of months, but I still like to get out there and play with the fishies. I have tried medium and deep and deeper, but the big Chick cats must have moved upstream and into the Hiwassee river (maybe??). Can't blame 'em, the water is pretty warm on the lower end of the lake.<br /><br />Here is today's largest fish, with a nice snapshot thrown in to show you what it looks like when you only THINK the self-timer is set on the camera..................