Fishing Forum

Full Version: Blue76, Chick Thursday / Parkville Friday, Bass, 8-13 & 8-14, Emily
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<br /> <br /><br /> My daughter heads back to college Saturday so I took off a couple of days to go fishing with her. <br /> Thursday we headed up to Chick. Had a good day for me. Not up to the standards of some of you guys but for me it was above average. <br /> We caught fish with a very mixed bag of baits... Early I caught about 4 around 3lbs on a jerk bait over grass in about 5-6 FOW. <br /> That bite died and I caught a couple more nice fish with one around 5lbs on a spinnerbait. Also picked up one on a spook about 2.5 and one 4.4 on a jig. My best came on a buzz bait around topped out grass. It was 6-4. I never throw a buzz bait but I hadn't had a bite in a while so I thought what the heck. It was in about 5 FOW as well. Great day to be on the water. <br /><br /> Today we decided to try something different and headed over to parksville. Daughter had never caught a spot. Well.... She stll hasn't. Tough day. We tried everything. Had several blow up on top water but all got off on the jump. <br /> I saw some schooling fish nearby and made a long cast with a crank trying to reach them. As I retrieved the crank in that super clear water I could see the largest spot I have ever saw following it very close. When it saw the boat it took off. It was massive. My buddy boated a 8-14 LM the other day and it looked just as big. I know. That would be a state record but that thing looked giant. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it. <br /> Still good to spend the day with my daughter. Going miss my fishing partner but I hope she has a great season this year. Maybe with the SEC network I can see her play on TV in the spring. That would be cool. <br />