Fishing Forum

Full Version: Eskimo Mako 8 in. ice auger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just wondering if anyone knows where to get parts for an Eskimo ice auger around the Salt Lake valley or in Utah? Our recoil assembly needs to be replaced. I have tried Sportsman's, Cabela's and Scheels with no luck. I have also tried a few small engine shops in Salt lake. I did order the part from Eskimo but it looks like the arrival date will be sometime next week and I need the auger this weekend.

Has anyone had problems with their Eskimo recoil assembly? This is the 2nd time it has broken in 2 seasons. The first time it was just the chord but it is still a pain to fix in cold temps in the dark. Other than that the auger has been great. I'm planning on getting another assembly just to keep in the sled as a spare.

I'm new to BFT, so if this has been posted somewhere I apologize.
[signature]
:#
[signature]
Thanks Sinergy, I did give them a call and he does work on them but does not stock the part.

Thanks for the quick response!
[signature]
I had my pull starter assembly replaced with a new and improved metal system at Wilson Lane Service, in Ogden.
They had to order the part but it didn't take very long.
The new system is far superior to the original one.
[signature]
I ordered a gas cap from eskimo last year, it was reasonable and they got it to me fast.
[signature]
I have the same auger. Ive replaced the same part. Ardisam.com is where ive ordered parts from. Good luck. One day i will buy a new auger, but not until this one dies. I think i bought mine in 2000. Its drilled thousands of holes for me.
[signature]
Thanks for the replies! I was hoping to be able to find the part in town. I guess I just need to wait for it to arrive from Wisconsin and it probably would have been quicker but it's a busy time of year for UPS.
[signature]