Fishing Forum

Full Version: Davo, Chickamauga, Bass, 12/21/14, Fishnvol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chris and I decided to launch at the dam for a change of scenery and it turned out OK. I boated our first fish pretty quickly, a nice chunky smallie in about 15 ft, at the end of a long point going into a cove. We didn't get another bite for an hour or so until we moved up the lake a ways and I boated about a 3lb LM that wouldn't even keep, only about 14 inches long but looked like a football. A couple of casts later I get hammered again but this time the drag starts screaming. It was acting a bit weird so we were both joking that it had to be a drum or catfish, since that is pretty typical when we go out. I finally saw some green but couldn't see how big it was, thinking about 6 or 7 lbs. Finally, after a few more drag stripping runs I get it up and into the net. Pretty shocked at how big she was and the pictures really don't do it justice..she was fat all over, heck, even her tail was fat. The scale didn't work but we both figured she was right around 10lbs. A little bit further down the bank and Chris boats 2 nice smallies in a row. Then it died for about 4 hours until we went back to where I caught both the LM's and on the first cast catch another chunk. That was it...except for a drum, dangit. All smallmouths were caught on a rig and all largemouths were caught on a spinnerbait, the drum was caught on a pointer 100. We didn't really have that many bites and could have left at 11 am and been fine. Water temp was about 49 everywhere we went.