Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockport slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't posted much lately, haven't fished much. In spite of reports of slow fishing I decided to make a short trip to Rockport this morning. Should have stayed home and took a nap. Fished on the East side in an area where I usually manage a few perch and a couple trout. Not today. never saw a fish on the finder, never got a bite. The ice is about 6 inches and clear with almost no snow on it. Pretty slick in places. The edges are soft in the afternoon. If we dont get some cold will need a plank soon. Talked to several others and they were having the same luck as I was. I did see one guy with some kids catch a couple that they were few and far between.
[signature]
Thanks for ice report. I shall be up there whenever my next day off is[crazy].
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Thanks for ice report. I shall be up there whenever my next day off is[crazy].[/quote]

Glutton for punishment, eh Eric….guy just tells you that he never saw a fish and you are heading up on your next day off [laugh]
[signature]
I have a few spots up my sleves. I've never got skunked on Rockport during ice season so far [Tongue].
[signature]
[#0000FF]Bummer. No love from Rocky.

Doesn't look like we will get out to the "secret" spot this year again either...for the same reasons. Rotten ice too soon.

Let's definitely get together after iceout. Whities, kitties and wallies, oh my.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
yep has definitely been a slow year for me. Guess I need to fish more. Has indeed been a strange weather year and not much of an ice season on the big mud puddle. Will look forward to a future trip.
[signature]
I didnt have a lot of time but skunk never the less. I havent been skunked too often at the Rock either but I did indeed get skunked. Gettin to old to negotiate the west side which used to be my favorite area, but now I take the more old guy friendly boat ramp.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]
Whities, kitties and wallies, oh my.
[/#0000ff][/quote]

[Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]