Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry road acess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Headed to strawberry in the morning, hows the roads? Im thinking of either going to the marina or to the soldier hollow boat ramp, are both drivable for a 4x4 truck? And which would you recommend?
[signature]
The road to the marina is VERY usable. It is plowed but still 100% snow packed and quite wash boardy. Hundreds of vehicles using it. A small 2-wheel drive car passed me up on my way out. Then, down the road a ways he had ran off into the shoulder show bank and someone was pushing him out. But yea, the road to the marina is wide open for use. But 4x4 is highly recommended.
[signature]
Thanks, im probably gonna start there, may walk across to haws point, any idea how the ice is out in the middle.
[signature]
The ice was 9 inches west of the marina in Bryant's fork on Saturday. I drove a snowmobile to/from the marina but not out across the middle as I had no need. Didn't check to see if anyone else had either. Give the guys at strawberry bay a call. They are the ones that keep the road to the marina open all winter. They're always more than happy to give a report on the ice thickness at different places around the lake and what's safe or not. Show your thanks by your patronage at their shop.

Strawberry bay - (435) 548-2261
[signature]