Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished the dam. Ice was weak around the edges. Wish i brought a board. Got on and off fine. Didnt measure the ice but it was thick and solid with frozen slush on top. Didnt want to believe the reports and ended up with 0 fish on the finder all morning. Very slow. Saw no one catching, maybe one... Bows and perch were no where to be found....
[signature]
Sorry you didnt find any willing fish. At least I am not the only one.
[signature]
Is anybody having any luck at rockport with trout?
[signature]
fished it a couple weeks ago with the same results,skunked and marked very few on the finder. was fishing south of the boat ramp in 20-28 ft of water.
[signature]
Fished on Sunday for 4 1/2 hrs. Tried multiple setup options and various depths with no luck!! [frown]
[signature]
Fished Rockport on Sunday with a group of about 10 ... Fishing was very slow ... but after 1pm we did end up catching a few nice size rainbows on powerbait ... including a nice Wild Rainbow that I landed about 15-20' down. Fished near the damn. ... & as FishSlayer indicated Ice was pretty sketchy on the edges when we went home around 3.
[inline IMAG3534.jpg]
[signature]
How thick is the ice?
[signature]