Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fish lake area?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm headed up to fish lake in a weekish and was wanting too fish some other places around there. Has anybody fished mill meadow Forsyth or Johnson lately. If yes how's the access and fishing? Anything helps.
[signature]
The only lake that you mentioned that would be worth fishing is probably Mill Meadows. There's been some nice rainbows and browns caught out of there this winter.
Forsyth was poisoned a couple of years back and the new fish they planted haven't quite grown to maturity and you need a snow machine to get to Johnson now. Otter Creek may be another option, it's less than an hour away from Fishlake.
[signature]
We had some luck at Otter Creek 2 weeks ago, on the south side by the park. We fished with the standard white tube jig with shrimp.
[signature]
Thanks! So is the road closed after fishlake? Would I have to go
Down and around to get to mills meadow?
[signature]
Thanks never fished otter creek. Maybe I'll give it a try.
[signature]
Yes, you will have to go down through Loa/Freemont to get to Mill Meadows.
[signature]
[quote Highmth]
Forsyth was poisoned a couple of years back and the new fish they planted haven't quite grown to maturity and you need a snow machine to get to Johnson now. Otter Creek may be another option, it's less than an hour away from Fishlake.[/quote]

We ice fished Forsyth over new year's....fishing was not fast by any means and pretty tough, but the fish caught are really nice. Remember, fish growth after a reservoir has been poisoned is really fast. The bigger stocked splake and tiger trout were 13-14 inches last spring....that means they are around 17-18 inches this winter. And, some trout were even larger than that....these fish probably came down UM creek. Forsyth is not a bad option right now and i would definitely fish it over Mill Meadow.
[signature]