Fishing Forum

Full Version: Which Icefishing Boots? Suggestions Please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i am a pretty hard core icefisherman. I fish a lot and will fish in any condition including negative degree temperatures. I am in the need of some new icefishing boots. Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I have been looking around but not seeing anything i love. I am not a sissy but do seem to get cold feet easily. I would appreciate any feedback on the boots you other fisherman have and love or hate.
[signature]
Perhaps you aren't receiving any replies because we have already had 3 or 4 threads on this exact topic in the last few months. Try using the search button above on this board and you should find what you are looking for.
[signature]
mickey mouse [cool]
[signature]
I searched back until summer and didnt see any other posts from fishermen talking about icefishing boots. says a post on cleats and a post on clothing but nothing on boots specifically.
[signature]
I use yaktraks on my hiking boots, works like a charm always. Than again I've played ice hockey since I was 7 so walking the ice is 2nd nature [fishin], except when its wet, but that's what the trax are for.
[signature]
I use the Ice Armor boots. I love em. I've had my feet submerged in water/slush on the ice and they stay totally dry and warm. I believe I ordered them from Glens Outdoors a few years back.
[signature]
I've had a pair of Sorel Glaciers for nearly 20 years and they've been awesome. I've used them in all sorts of wild and crazy conditions and they've been great. They're a little bulky, but my feet stay warm and dry.
[signature]
Here are two recent posts on boots/clothing for icefishing. Not sure how you are searching, but these were easy to find.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ld;#912144

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ld;#905605
[signature]
Hey thanks i dont know why those posted didnt come up in my search.
[signature]
U need two sets of boots. One would be like a Cabela's muck boot insulated with thinsulate for medium slush and water on top of ice. For most conditions I like the Baffin moon boot type snow boots that go up to the knee. For extreme water and slush or open water edge and no plank, I use 5 mm neoprene chest waders.
[signature]
Hey Andrew I guess I'm a 2 pair guy too, I like my Muckboots for wet slushy days and when it's really cold I use my Cabela Blizzard boots. Most of the time I'm in the Muckboots though. Last year I had a pair of Boggs that I really liked too, but I wore them out farming so I had to get new this year and they didn't have the Boggs so I tried the Muck and both of those boots are about the same for warmth and comfort. Price and durability are greater for the Muck. I've found that a good pair of wool blend socks makes the most difference for keeping my feet warm and somedays I just have to keep moving to keep my feet warm, even in the Blizzards that are rated at -60. Btw don't believe those rating numbers I think my feet have gotten cold at -10 in those boots if you sit still. I haven't tried the Micky mouse boots yet, but a lot of guys swear by them. I've used the Sorrel type boots with felt liners before and they are warm, but not the best for support. I had a pair of Cabela/Lacrosse boots that had rubber bottoms with leather uppers and you had three different liners you could put in them. Don't remember what they were called, and they had little knobs on the bottom for tread. Looked like the tread wouldn't work but they were the best all around boots I ever had. I only used the felt liner in them, but I hunted all fall, farmed, goose hunted, snowmobiled and ice fished in them and my feet never got cold until I wore them out and water started getting inside. I'm sure I used that pair for over ten years. Only problem with them was they were lace up boots and were slow to put on and off. And I've never been able to find another pair just like them. Ok way more info than you ever wanted. Good luck. J
[signature]
Baffin boots. Sportsmans has them. amazing boots. Like walking with pillows on your feet.
[signature]
Hey thanks everybody. This post was for my brother in law that needs new boots. I really like whites pacs. I have the elk hunters for warmer weather and the yukons for cold stuff. The problem is I don't think they r making the yukons anymore. He was thinking of buying the muck arctic sports and I just wanted to see if anyone else had these. R they warm enough to handle zero temps? Are the arctic pro mucks worth the extra price over the arctic sports? Any thoughts?
[signature]
I've used Kamik's Icebreaker Cold Weather Boot for about 5 years now fishing on the Berry and I love em. They have a comfort rating to -40F. I've never been cold or wet in these thick rubber boots. Price point is nice, about $60 from Cabelas or Amazon. Cabelas doesn't carry this model in the store, so it must be ordered online. That said, they have a different style of Kamik boots at the Lehi store for sizing purposes.

There are two possible cons. The boots are a little heavy and they run 1/2 to 1 size large. I wear a size 10.5 and I wear 10's in these (they don't have half sizes), and I have some room to spare.

Bang for the buck I think these boots are unbeatable for ice fishing. You'll never get wet when its slushy with a rubber boot. Although I have never tried them, I would consider Baffins they have a model that is rated to -74F.
[signature]
I owned a pair of Sorel boots for several years. They were ok, but I had to glue the soles back on several times, after they started leaking. I purchased a pair of Baffins from Scheels and took them back for a refund. The salesman asked me why I was returning them and I said I had 60 reasons for returning them. He looked puzzled until I explained that I had found them elsewhere for $60 less. I purchased them Online and I have really enjoyed these boots. Supposedly, rated to 60 below or something like that, and they have always kept my feet warm.
[signature]
YES, they are my number go to boot. You'll love them, easy on and easy off and water proof and warm.
[signature]
2x 2x . Greats boots
[signature]
I have a pair of Infernos that I bought at Cabelas. Love 'em!
[signature]
I use the "Mickey Mouse" boot exclusively. They are waterproof and very warm. I have never had cold or wet feet.
[signature]