Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, Nasty green fish, 1/25/15, alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After seeing the results of the Heartland on the Nick it inspired me to go try some bass fishing on the Chick. I often struggle this time of year but felt I would give the crappie a break and give it a shot. Got there and launched at 9:00. Fished for six hours up till 3:00. Did someone say the wind was going to blow today! Good Lord that wind was howling this afternoon. emoCrazy Did end up with a pretty good afternoon trip, at least for me it was a good one for this time of year.<br /><br />Boated seven bass, lost four others getting them in and missed another six bites. One of the ones I lost was pulling drag pretty good and you could tell it had some weight. The others I lost I am not sure about size. Had some very nice ones that did make it into the boat. Best one today was 6 pounds and 12 ozes. emoThumbsup The three baits I did catch fish on today was a jerk, a trap and a jig. Tried the ol'shakey but only had one pick it up and that is one I missed. Today they were just not eating it well. Even the ones I caught seemed not to be hooked all that well. I fished from a couple feet to about 20 foot. The shallowest bass I boated came from about 3 foot and the deepest was only about 10 foot. Seemed to be shallow for the most part. Water temp was 45 to 48 in the areas I fished.<br /><br />Here are a couple of the better ones. See you all out there. emoToast Jmax