Fishing Forum

Full Version: Latest go pro ice video.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just recently got a go pro 4 silver, started to mess around while ice fishing, and especially I'm sure excited to see how the videos will turn out when I'm fly fishing.

Warning there might be a few ********* words or random singing actions floating around. You have been warned but hope you enjoy what I end up scrapping into a video.

Lost Creek

Strawberry
[signature]
I know my opinion is only worth 2 cents but a good multiplier inline reel with disc drag would have saved that first fish.
[signature]
No video
[signature]
Apparently because there's enough foul language that I cant have it on here. If you want to see the video just go to youtube and type ice fishing utah and look for fly fishing lover.

Next video I will edit with silence when a word pops up or try my best to keep my mouth shut [Wink].
[signature]
If you can't find the video like I couldn't, search youtube for this phrase "Strawberry Reservoir Utah 1/26/15".

Thanks for the video BTW.
[signature]
that reel sucks
[signature]
Good Job!
When will the TyeDyeTwins learn how to make fishing videos Haha [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
What inline reel would you recommend or the best in your opinion? I am in the market for one.
[signature]
[quote Paulypro]Good Job!
When will the TyeDyeTwins learn how to make fishing videos Haha [.img][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...n.gif[/img]"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...n.gif[/img][/url]
[/quote]
I did do one, and even with it being a 25.5 inch rainbow on a dry fly, the gopro just doesn't quite get the far away shots. Then I have a few bluegill videos too. As for getting them on Youtube...that is where I give up.
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Just recently got a go pro 4 silver, started to mess around while ice fishing, and especially I'm sure excited to see how the videos will turn out when I'm fly fishing.

Warning there might be a few ********* words or random singing actions floating around. You have been warned but hope you enjoy what I end up scrapping into a video.

Lost Creek

Strawberry[/quote]

What is the reason for the bobber? I have seen guys use them on finicky crappies and perch but never for trout. Seems like you already have a spring bobber attached to the rod too?

Also, does that reel not have a drag? Never seen someone pulling line out with their hand like that while fighting a fish... the reel's drag should do that.
[signature]
1st. 13 Fishing 6061. Expensive but worth it.
2nd. 13 Fishing Cold Gear Inline. Good reel, hard to find right now.
3rd. Eagle Claw premium. Good reel but CGI is a little better and cheaper.
4th. Eagle Claw inline. Ok reel, cheap. Good reel to try out and then pass to kid,wife,or friend after you buy your 13 Fishing reel.
I would love to get your feedback if you find something better.
[signature]
I always have one rod with the foam bobber because there's times that the trout barely hit and I cant really feel it but I sure can see them hit on those light foam bobber. The rod that I got the spring bobber attached I usually use for dead sticking but sometime jigging, but I put a float bobber that I could see the fish bites better.

Just because the fish was running really fast, the fish was close to the hole, and if I didn't take some line out it could of snapped the line after a few fast runs it took.
[signature]
Fair enough. Strawberry must get fished so much they bite tentatively sometimes. All the lakes I fish in WY... the trout slam the **** out of it you don't need a spring bobber or bobber of any kind.

What lb test line do you fish with? I prefer using 8lb test line or 10lb even depends on what lake I'm fishing... that way the fish can take the drag (set correctly) and you don't have to worry about breaking off a fish. Generally you do need a bigger reel for bigger line and a rod with a little more backbone than the one you got though...

I hear all the time how people think you need 4lb test line or they are line shy. I just don't buy that.... You can fish all winter for that one fish and if you are using too light of line and it breaks off... man that is frustrating!!!
[signature]
I use to think the same way with line because I use to use 12 lbs test line until I tried 6 lbs nanofil line and sure makes a big difference. It's a real common thing while ice fishing for pan fish you sure want to use smaller line because the bigger line sure spook the small guys big time.
[signature]
What fish finder were you using?
[signature]
ShowDown Troller
[signature]
[quote SBennett]

1st. 13 Fishing 6061. Expensive but worth it.
2nd. 13 Fishing Cold Gear Inline. Good reel, hard to find right now.

[/quote]

The postman just delivered my 13 Fishing Cold Gear Inline. That is one strange looking reel, but it looks like it will work fine and definitely the line won't freeze up going into the reel. Can't wait to try it out on Fish Lake tomorrow.
[signature]
Lucky!!!
$35Ish?
[signature]
$46.74 delivered. I purchased their last one.
[signature]
Kent,
If you don't like it and it is left hand I will buy it from you sat night so I can use it sun.
Thanks,Shane
[signature]