Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry Marina to Renegade Ice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Smile]HELP! I haven't been ice fishing this year. How is the ice between the Strawberry Marina and Renegade for running snowmobiles?

Thank You!

Silver_Eagle
[signature]
Take the nice groomed road around to Renegade if in doubt.
[signature]
You should have no problem getting from the marina to renegade with machines.
[signature]
[quote borntohunt]You should have no problem getting from the marina to renegade with machines.[/quote]
Now this is just word of mouth but i heard there is good ice with 6" of wtr/slush on top.. Might want to do a little checking before you drive up.. Or wear you waders..
[signature]
Conditions can certainly change in a hurry, especially with this crazy warm winter we are having. That being said a few days ago there was very little snow and zero slush on the Strawberry side of the res. I will be up there again in less than 40 hours.
[signature]
I was there yesterday (Wednesday). Rode the 4 wheeler from the marina to Haws, then across to the narrows and over to SC dam (long ways). Did not go from Haws over to Renegade. Ice was 8 or more inches thick. There was 0-3 inches of soft wet snow on top of the ice - temp was 30 when I arrived at 7:30 am, and around 35 when I left at 12:30. Punched a lot of holes - most on the SC side. Fishing was slow. There was one problem pressure crack on the SC side of the narrows, but you could go around it with no problem.

Have fun and good luck
[signature]
I was there today. The conditions were very good. No slush, no open water, maybe 1 inch of snow. Ice was almost 18 inches at the far south end of Renegade up next to the mountains. There was a little over 8 inches of ice at Renegade 3 saturdays ago. Likely well over 12 inches now. You will cross 3 pressure ridges on the way from the marina to Renegade. Stay on the beaten path and you will be fine crossing them. Air temperature was 6 degrees driving past the fish station on the way in and 9 degrees at 7:30 this morning at the Marina. Air Temp was 30 degrees when we left at 12:30 pm.
[signature]