Fishing Forum

Full Version: rsimms, Chickamauga, Crappie, Jan. 31, 2015, enmreal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Headed out Saturday afternoon with Ed McCoy (CFF's enmreal). I had a plan. But it was Saturday so lots of folks had the same plan as me, and they were on the water first. #earlybirdsgetthecrappie<br /><br />Me and Ed struggled, except for one drum hole we found and wasted quite a few minutes battling big drum on ultralight tackle.<br /><br />We finally resorted to the tried and true pre-spawn troll and put a handful of nice crappie in the boat, plus one under a float. It was tough for us overall, but seven lucky crappie won a free trip to Ed's house. We also threw back a few shorts.<br /><br />Most importantly, it was great to see some fish already showing up in the traditional pre-spawn locales. It should just get better and better for the next two months.<br /><br />We got to cross paths with Drumking, Fishing Machine, Tenncrapie and his partner, Ed. I am in line for a planer board lesson from Tenncrapie very soon. I bought a couple and look forward to trying them out, especially when the crappie get shallow. That means life is good and gettin' better every day!<br />