Fishing Forum

Full Version: Deer Creek Saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took my neighbor, his grandson, and my nephew out to Deer Creek Saturday. It took us a couple hours to find the fish but once we did we caught 20 and done by noon.

We caught them primarily on buggers either trolled on sinking fly line or using Joe's flies spinners.

Nothing big but my neighbor's grandson said it was the "best day of his life!". That was the fun of it.

[inline 20150214_115544.jpg]
[signature]
Nice job. Was the decontamination station set up yet?
[signature]
Way to go at getting them on some fish. I can see how it could be the greatest day of that kids life with all those fish.[cool]
[signature]
Professional decon is by appointment only. It's not operating all the time.

For at least the next month or two, our boat will only be going to Deer Creek -- so we'll be following the draining guidelines for self decon, but ONLY fishing Deer Creek for the next while.

My plan is to have the boat professionally decon'ed once Strawberry and/or Scofield are open and then Deer Creek will be off limits to my boat.
[signature]

those are some happy young fishermen, way to go you guys!!!
[signature]
Nice catch! I was up there on Saturday on the pontoon and had a tough time finding them also. The best luck I had was along the west bank from the main ramp. Great day for February.
[signature]
So the decon equipment is only available by appointment only with 10 boats a weekend launching.
(Certainly convenient for Park Staff, not so much for boaters)
Wonder if you should schedule now for the month of July when 200 boats a day will be launching?

For two years Government agency's have been implementing no laws and regulations, standing people on ramps handing out flyers, educating boaters about the problem, checking the parking lot and leaving tickets for vehicles without the certification on the dash, parking decon equipment at reservoirs with no mussel problem and no additional staff or budjet for it's proposed use.
But when the mussel actually arrives they close one ramp and clean boats by appointment only.

This is certainly an all out effort to stop the mussels from spreading.
Might as well just open the Island ramp with no decon equipment at all.
[signature]
During the early season take the time to work along the shorelines. On most lakes the fish will move in along the shores just like at Strawberry for awhile until the water warms and they move back out into the main part of the lake.
[signature]
Way to get those kids out there fishing.

It's going to take a long time for those Smiles to fade.
Glad you were able to get those kids into some fish.[fishin]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Last week that seemed to be the where I saw more fish on the finder and caught a few more. I'll be getting back up there this weekend for some more. Thanks again.
[signature]
Thanks for a great report, and glad you guys got into some. Have they put any more docks in the water at the main ramp yet, or is it still just a little stub?
[signature]
No docks. Just the one little walkway on the boat ramp.
[signature]