Fishing Forum

Full Version: Best river/region for fly-fishing in New Zealand?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I am going to the South Island of New Zealand in April and am keen to go fly-fishing one of the days I'm there (wish I could go every day I'm there but, you know...got family stuff to do too Smile. I've done most of my angling in the Western Rockies (CO and NM), so something similar to that level of difficulty would be good. Not super keen on having to take a helicopter to get to the river, but if you have a recommendation that requires that mode of transport by all means share it!

The regions I'll be near are Mt Cook and Twizel, Te Anau, Wanaka, Queenstown, Haast, and Arthur's Pass.

If you know any good guides that would be helpful as well! Thanks!
[signature]
Welcome to BFT sarito182, here is a link to the Australia/New Zealand boards. This may help you out.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforu...ategory=10
[signature]
Thanks albinotrout! Unfortunately no one has posted in that forum for years, so I figured I would get a quicker response here since I'm sure many people have traveled to New Zealand for their famous trout-fishing!
[signature]
Yes there are many boards here that are very quiet. Most f that is due to no members in those regions. Hopefully you can find what you are looking for. On occasion a member will pop up from another part f the globe. There are a few from down that way. Perhaps a PM to one of the members that posted on the New Zealand board might help.
[signature]