Fishing Forum

Full Version: My Winter Boat Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wrapped up my boat project today and thought I would share some pictures. Initially I was just going to paint the top of my Gunnels with truck bed liner, but before I knew it I had torn out the interior of my boat. I sanded down all of the painted surfaces, and then primed them with self-etching primer before painting the interior with three coats of Rustolium enamel. I primed and painted the top of the gunnels and the motor well with four coats of bed liner and I also put two coats of the grey enamel on top of the motor well bed liner. I replaced some rotten wood up in the bow area and built a removable casting deck insert. My mother in law redid my upholstery and made me a new Bimini top. I installed two down riggers, a Lawrence Mark 4 fish finder with GPS and a Min Kota 55lb thrust trolling motor with auto piolet. I’m looking forward to getting on the water soon to enjoy my winter project. The boat is a 1985 16ft Smoker Craft Sportster Model with a 115 HP Johson outboard.
[signature]
Nice work! Looks like a fishing machine!
[signature]
Nice job, you will enjoy fishing much much more after all that hard work.
[signature]
Nice job. You have been busy. I have a few things left to do on mine later this month as it gets warmer.
[signature]
One more thing I would like to do is replace my steal gas tank with aluminium or plastic as I have been dealing with rust for the last couple years going through lots of fuel filters. The tank I have now is 19 gallons and measures 47"x9.5"x10.5" if anybody reading this has a tank they would like to sell you could send me a PM with the dimensions of your tank. I would love to see what you have. The area where the tank is located is 50+" long 18" deep with a height that slopes from about 16" in the front to 7" at the transom thanks
[signature]
Very nice!!
[signature]
You can fix the gas tank with the POR-15 gas tank repair kit. I used it an a couple of small engine tanks with great success.
[signature]
You have knocked it out of the park dude! Looks tight! Should serve you well. Tight lines
[signature]
You certainly did a fine job in fixing up your boat. [Smile]
[signature]
Very Nice Work!! What type of wood did you use for your casting deck?
[signature]
I used half inch marine grade plywood.
[signature]
Ok thanks I want to do something similar to my boat.
[signature]
Looks Awesome!!! I am in the process of building a casting deck, replacing the dog house cover, some misc. this and that....adding a 24v minn kota, electric downriggers...it looks like there is no end and my wife is going to shoot me if she finds my receipts.[cool]

[fishon][fishon]
[signature]
[quote hooked4life]Looks Awesome!!! I am in the process of building a casting deck, replacing the dog house cover, some misc. this and that....adding a 24v minn kota, electric downriggers...it looks like there is no end and my wife is going to shoot me if she finds my receipts.[cool]

[fishon][fishon][/quote]

That's why I don't show my wife the receipts.[Tongue]
[signature]