Fishing Forum

Full Version: I Pilot battery voltage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My keypad comes on but shows the lock icon. I hold the light button for 3 seconds but the unit shuts down before it unlocks.
I measured the battery at 2.99 volts.
I am thinking the battery needs to be at least 3.2 or higher to operate.
Anyone else have this happen?
Was it a low battery?
Thanks.
[signature]
You definitely have a low battery, but I haven't had the lock issue show up when my batteries are low. Not sure how to fix that one. I guess I'm not much help. Lol

Humpy
[signature]
Battery would be the first thing to check. I had mine lock out once when I wired it wrong. My plug has 3 places for the wire and the negative pulled out and I put it in the wrong port. Not sure if you changed anything.
[signature]
When my battery is low My trolling motor goes around in a circle by its self. [fishin]
[signature]
[quote boatfisher]When my battery is low My trolling motor goes around in a circle by its self. [fishin][/quote]

Wheeeeee[Tongue]
[signature]
When I bought my iPilot, I also bought a spare battery to carry in the boat. Since I've never had a low battery, I don't know if that's your problem. Buy a new battery and try it. At least you'll have a spare.
[signature]
I thought I had a spare in my glovebox but I must have lost it.
This all happened last night around 9:30. I hurried to WalMart to no avail because Radio Shack and Cabelas had already closed.
I am on Willard right now.
Thank heavens for the Terrova foot pedal, at least it's battery is brand new and working perfect.
[signature]
[quote SBennett]
I am on Willard right now. [/quote]

Fishing must be slow if you are checking messages while on the water at Willard.[Tongue]
[signature]
Fishing is not red hot but its not horrible either.
Landed a couple wipers and lost 3 others.
If you think messaging is bad, you should of seen the damage I did to my lunch box by 9:30 this morning!
[signature]
Nice wiper. Slow days usually mean empty lunch box at an early hour.[sly]
[signature]
I put a new battery in mine every year and also carry a spare. I've never had a problem (knock on wood).
[signature]
i-Pilot remote: One CR2450 coin-cell battery (included)
i-Pilot Link remote: One 3.7 volt, 1200mAh rechargeable Lithium battery (included)
Micro remote: One CR2450 coin-cell battery (included)
[signature]
I have notice and a couple of friends have notice once that battery starts going below 50% the ipliot link starts going screwy. I always carry a spare or I have a friend that relays two batteries and does pretty good. If anything starts acting up with the Ipilot link 99%of the time it's battery. Threw trial and error I have experience.
[signature]