Fishing Forum

Full Version: New here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I'm thinking of buying a 14 to 16 foot jon boat. My question is can a mini van get it out of the water? I know that's a hard question to answer but any in site would be appreciated.
Thanks.
David
[signature]
If it's aluminum, I don't see any problem if you stay at 14ft. 16 might be pushing it. .
[signature]
Thanks that's what I needed to know. Thanks again.
David
[signature]
Welcome to the site David, I can't say what the ramp conditions are like in your part of the country and I don't know if the ramps you will be launching at are dirt of concrete but in general I would say you would be ok with a mini van pulling either of those two sized boat out of the water. Of course the weight of your boat would be the biggest issue and Greg is right, if you have a 16 foot boat loaded, it might be a strain on your mini van. What size motor is in your mini van? I tow, launch and retrieve my 16' aluminum boat using a 4 liter engine and it is a big boat with an open bow and windshields.
[signature]
Look in your owners manual for total weight your van can haul. With the boat being aluminum it should be fine. Take total boat weight and trailer weight and add them together. I have seen dodge minivans haul tent trailers.
[signature]
Thanks for all the help. My van is a Chrysler with the 3.3 engine. The dock is concrete. I have not bought a boat yet I just need to know what to look for. Plus I am a big man so I wanted a wide boat nothing fancy. I do have a old Chevrolet z71 with the 5.7 but the gas would kill me. Thanks for all you help.
David
[signature]