Fishing Forum

Full Version: Destroyed em'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got back from a week long stretch down in Venice, and the fishing is off the hook.

This is the pictures of my first trip right out of the gate (no warm up scouting), last Wednesday. I was told I had experienced fishermen/women geetting on my boat, from Wisconsin, or Minnisota? All I know is where they came from, just sounded cold.

They were tackle reps from, Rapala, so when they got on my boat, I gave them the choice. We could go catch a limit of redfish in about 2 hours or we could go on an adventure, but nothing is guaranteed.

They chose the blue pill! So we went on that adventure.

Conditions, NW winds 25+mph, just the way I like it, nasty.

I pulled the boat up to the spot, and it was ruff as a corncob, I told them where to cast and immediately they were tripled up. There were fishing jumping out the water, there were sharks busting, the fish were breaking hooks, jigheads, tearing up corks, and it was total insanity. Not the kind of place to rinse your hands off in.

5 minutes into it, I could see everyone was having trouble standing on the upper decks when fighting fish, so I told them I could bring them to a spot where the water was calmer. Their response was, "NO WAY"!

We were limited on redfish by 11am, but the best part about it is that we had 141lbs. of fish. Just about every redfish we had was 26's, however we did keep our 4 baby bulls.

They wanted me for the next day, but I was already booked, they tried to bribe me and everything else. I told them next year, give me more advanced notice.

Enjoy the pics.,

Total Chaos,
[Image: image_zpsivauplla.jpg]

Doubled again,
[Image: image_zpsjfu3vjsn.jpg]

30 solid minutes of pure fight, 5 trips completely around the boat, but I have to hand it to her, no broken rod, or hooks,
[Image: image_zpshv5j39g2.jpg]

Like reeling in a tank,
[Image: image_zpsig03nzt4.jpg]

The largest of the day,
[Image: image_zpsqiynrdym.jpg]

The prettiest of the day, on both ends,
[Image: image_zpsxfcwc77q.jpg]

Baby bull,
[Image: image_zpso3op772z.jpg]

26 15/16's
[Image: image_zpsoqippzs3.jpg]

Tripled up again chaos,
[Image: image_zps0p7i9kls.jpg]

It sure looks crowded in there,
[Image: image_zpsybdqtyvu.jpg]

Dock shot after releasing around 35-40 more, just couldn't bring them in at 11am. they were having too much fun, plus they tied their own knots, and in my world, that gives you bonus points.
[Image: image_zpsfmfwq283.jpg]

More reports to come, but I have to head back down to work tomorrow. Livin' the dream!
[signature]