Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ethanol free fuel locations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there are a couple websites that show all the places you can go to get ethanol free fuel but I've been burned twice showing up to a gas station and they don't have it anymore. I'm curious where you are actually buying it. My two stroke motor runs so much better using ethanol free premium fuel but I don't have the time to call everyone on the list so I'm reaching out for some help. Thanks-John.
[signature]
Silver Eagle just outside of Heber and at Maverick (pumps are in the back) at 2700N exit off I-15 on our way to Willard are the two we used most.
I'm not sure where you live but the Sinclair station on Wasatch Blvd and 3900 South in SLC has non-ethanol gas.
[signature]
Phillip 66 in front of walmart in centerville.

That's closest to me.
[signature]
I get mine from the Maveric at FarWest, that is the last exit before Smith & Edwards.
[signature]
Tesoro in Spanish off the freeway has it as well as Garys on around 12 north state in Orem.
[signature]
The corner of 4th north and main in Logan
[signature]
caldwells on around 80th so state on east side state .Back by the tanks always have it ! Hi John
[signature]
Gary's is a great location and the folks there are really super nice !! For those that really want something different, you can purchase 110 octane aviation fuel at the Provo air port. Gives your rig a real boost !!
there is an app for that, pure gas. it will find the closest one to your location.
[signature]
Places I actually literally buy it:

-------------------------------

Sinclair at 710 Washington, Ogden, UT

Sinclair at 5608 S. 1900 W. , Roy, UT

Sinclair at 45 N. Main, Layton, UT
[signature]
I use the Pure Gas App on my Android phone. So far it has been 100% accurate.
[signature]
I get mine at Thomas Petroleum in Logan on 200 North about 1050 west. 91 octane.
[signature]
maverick on 2700 in FarrWest (back pumps)
MiniMart on 7th and Washington BLVD in ogden
Kellerstraus on 2550 in West Haven
Jardine on 1900 in front of CAL Ranch in FarrWest
[signature]
Sounds like lots of folks are pretty hot for non ethanol gas...can you not get the same result with ethanol treated gas and a little stabil or seafoam mixed in?
[signature]
I appreciate all the responses and I'll be stopping for gas on my way to the basin. I've had the same outboard for going on 9 years and gas with ethanol in it is not my friend. It may just be my motor but it definitely runs better on pure gas without any fillers. I always run sea foam in the tank regardless of what kind of gas I'm using.
My biggest reasons for ethanol free is I have a weird lag at 1700 rpm's that goes away with better gas and I don't have to worry about condensation in my tank if the boat sits for a little bit.
[signature]
Same here, I noticed it right after getting my boat and as soon as I started using ethanol free, the motor ran better. I also use Seafoam and I'm sure it helps but when you dealing with that much ethanol, I don't think Seafoam alone can make up the difference. By the way, I buy my Seafoam by the gallon, lots cheaper.
[signature]
We have a 2006 150 Merc Verdo 4 stroke with a 9.9 4 stroke Merc kicker we've never had any issues in engine performance running Ethanol gas. Including we use Startron fuel additive but we did use Sea Foam. Startron is specific for ethanol. We are religious about motor up keep every season and take our boat to Lee's Marine in Hyrum for preseason. We asked him about the ethanol and he stated no problem with gas containing it per him and our motors FWIW...plus he advocates Startron.
[signature]
It's very possible that it's just my 2-stroke but I like to go fast right now and she likes ethanol free fuel to make that happen. That's funny about Lee because he is the one that told me about the ethanol free gas station in Brigham where I filled up on the way home from picking up my baby from her long winter nap a few weeks back. I used to use Bio-bor and Startron but like Curt said Seafoam is"cheaper by the gallon" and I go thru a lot of gas each year.
I fricking love that guy! I trust my boat with Lee and no one else. I can call him from anywhere in the country and he will walk me through any issues that I have.
[signature]