Fishing Forum

Full Version: Echo Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit Echo today in the AM hours -- it was the second trip in the past three days to Echo. Both trips were about the same -- steady action, ~20 fish each trip in about 4 hours of fishing, mostly bows with a few browns mixed in. All were caught on downriggers between 20-45 feet, and orange tackle worked significantly better than anything else.

We got off the water just as the power squadron hoard arrived and were all trying to launch at the same time. I had to wait in line to recover my boat, but got plenty of comic relief watching the goings-on at the ramp.[Image: bobwink.gif]

Overall it was a great morning.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I think launching and retrieving boats will give anyone entertainment. I know I am not perfect at it and probably given several people a good laugh.
[signature]
It is amazing how fast that lake has recovered from the low water conditions of just a few years back. Are they still charging $15 to launch there?
[signature]
Yes and I heard it may go up..It may be sold to new manager..
[signature]
I heard that Land and Leisure was taking it over. If that is the case they will then be in control of Pineview, Strawberry, Echo and parts of Flaming Gorge, like Buckboard and Lucerne [:|].
[signature]
So does that mean that if I have a parking sticker for Strawberry/SC, I could use it at Pineview, Echo, Buckboard and Lucerne?
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]I heard that Land and Leisure was taking it over. If that is the case they will then be in control of Pineview, Strawberry, Echo and parts of Flaming Gorge, like Buckboard and Lucerne [unimpressed].[/quote]

[quote brookie]So does that mean that if I have a parking sticker for Strawberry/SC, I could use it at Pineview, Echo, Buckboard and Lucerne?[/quote]

unless im mistaken, pretty sure L& L only runs the camp grounds at Lucerne and buckboard.
the ramp is still Federal, I bought a $35 fed season pass that works anywhere on the gorge.
[signature]
[quote brookie]

So does that mean that if I have a parking sticker for Strawberry/SC...

[/quote]

I did not realize that one could purchase a season pass for Strawberry/SC. How much does it cost and can one purchase a pass at the booth?
[signature]
Yes, you can buy a season pass for Strawberry/SC. It is a bit pricey. $90 for the year. I do buy it - have been 8 times so far this year and plan at least 3 more days this week. If the guy is not at the booth, you can stop at the campground host (SC - not sure about Strawberry) and get one. Not sure it is worth it this late in the season.
[signature]
Thanks but at $8 I am better off just paying when I go each trip.
[signature]
[quote brookie]So does that mean that if I have a parking sticker for Strawberry/SC, I could use it at Pineview, Echo, Buckboard and Lucerne?[/quote]
You would thinks so but I bet that is not the case.

[quote TRUBBS]
unless im mistaken, pretty sure L& L only runs the camp grounds at Lucerne and buckboard.
the ramp is still Federal, I bought a $35 fed season pass that works anywhere on the gorge.[/quote]

Isn't the Berry and SC federal too? If so, I wonder what the difference is[:/].
[signature]
I know one person that has put in a bid and last I heard he was in the running..
[signature]
Hopefully if Land and Leisure ( or anybody else ) takes it over it won't be the big dump that it is now. I like fishin Echo in the fall and spring. If they get rid of all the broke down tractors, trailers and pickups they might make room for some additions / upgrades. Wintertime access would be nice too !
[signature]
Isn't the Federal SR. Citizen pass good for launching boats at the Gorge such as Anvil, Squaw Hollow etc.?
[signature]
I always wondered why they left all that junk there, I totally agree, that place could use a face lift for sure.
[signature]
Nice report. I did well there about a month ago. How's the water level now? Is it starting to drop or still high into the trees on the East shoreline?

TiteLines
[signature]
The water level is holding steady for now though I am guessing it will begin to drop in short order given the flow on the Weber Between Echo and Weber Canyon the past few weeks.

I totally agree with the comments about the condition of the resort. It could be so much more. The people running are sitting on a diamond and as far as their management of it, seem to be just dialing it in.
[signature]