Fishing Forum

Full Version: Echo lake 6/25 (thursday)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went up to Echo lake on Thursday to fish for the day. Man that road is terrible... I will never go back up there unless i am on a 4-wheeler or motorcycle... not worth the drive otherwise. Scenery was beautiful and the fishing was excellent once i figured it out. Started out with flies and lures with very limited success, and then I switched to worms and couldn't keep them off my hook. Caught 15-20 golden, 10 or so brook, and 50 or so rainbow. None of the little guys were bigger than 9 inches and they all looked starved.
I always figured that the explanations about that road were exaggerated and it wouldn't be that bad, boy was I wrong. I went up in a truck and was sore the next day from all of the jostling and bumping.
[signature]
What Echo are you posting about??
[signature]
Echo lake up in the Uintas. not the reservoir.
[signature]
[quote Jonthecook]

Man that road is terrible... I will never go back up there unless i am on a 4-wheeler or motorcycle... not worth the drive otherwise...

I always figured that the explanations about that road were exaggerated and it wouldn't be that bad, boy was I wrong. I went up in a truck and was sore the next day from all of the jostling and bumping.

[/quote]

You are too kind it is much worse than that!
[signature]
You can always hike in.[Wink]
[signature]