Fishing Forum

Full Version: Deer Creek Report 7/4/15 and 7/5/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the 4th was a big get together at Deer Creek. I don't do well in large crowds and the group picked Rainbow Bay. So we got there at 6 am to lay claim to one of the close to the beach Pavilions. At 7 am, I walked to the south side of the bay out on the point there with my buddy.

The first strike almost takes my pole into the water, but I hook him up and land him. We proceed to land 3 Rainbows and 1 Brown, all 17+" and over 2 lbs, the Brown was 3 lbs. (First Picture). There was the little guy that was feeling left out as well.

We caught them off of Nightcrawlers and Garlic Marshmallows from the shore.

Enter today, the 5th. My girlfriend and I get up and head up to the west side of the lake, parking at the damn and walk up the side. We take a spot before the first point, and cast out.

It turned into a wet morning, but it was fun. We proceeded to limit out in less than 4 hours with one point in time I thought we were going to be wrapped up in less than an hour as we landed 3 within 5 minutes.

All the fish were 16+" and 2+lbs and all were bows. We were fishing with powerbait to catch the 8.

The last picture of me holding one of the largest Rainbows I have ever caught, he was the "one that got away". He was our first catch this morning, Crawler and Mallow like yesterday, landed him at shore, looked at him and thought, what an amazing filet he will make for the smoker and hooked him up in my metal stringer for take home. He flips and flops for a few, while I am prepping to cast back out, when I notice he quieted down, just as I was turning around the girlfriend says, where did your fish go. He had popped my clamp on the stringer and wiggled himself off and back out into the lake. BUT I have evidence of the catch, and it was a fun fight as I caught him on my light setup.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun weekend.
[signature]
nicely done! Looks like a great weekend. Those fish out of deer creek look like salmon meat and are great eating!
[signature]