Fishing Forum

Full Version: fishnaddiction, Chickamauga, Crappie. Bass, 09/13/15, Brian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished the CCC tournament. Headed south out of CFP to a spot that we hoped we could pull some 12" plus crappie out of. Well we didn't. But we did manage to get 2 keepers. We decided to go north. Not the best idea because my little boat only goes a wopping 17 mph, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Took about an hour to get to the first stop and someone was already there. #@$&*# So we headed to another spot. No bites. We swing by that originally first stop, "up north" they were gone. For good reason. No bites..... We got readyto head to another spot and the motor wouldn't start. Finally got it going by tying a bunjie strap to the choke and I would pull the bunjie strap when the motor would start to die. In the army they called It battle damage assesment and repair. What ever It takes to complete the mission. Lol We continued pushing north inspite of weather we would make it back or not to another spot, then another, and another yada yada. We finally found a dock that had a crappie under it that was willing to bite. Crappie #3. Then I caught a bass. Too small to weigh. I don't know if the little feller was really hungry or if he was picking a fight with my jig. Got a picture of him if I can get it downloaded. Any way, we had to head back early because of engine trouble and all, so I pulled the bunjie and hit the starter button and the old decrepit engine fired up. Told Brian to hold on cause I wasn't gonna let up while I had momentum. White caps and big boats, it was a long hard ride. We made it back early with some time to spare and figured we would try one more dock that sometimes does well in the afternoon. As we were approching that dock, someone else was leaving. Not a good sign. We fished it anyways. What have we got to lose. We ended up catching crappie #4. Time ran out and we limped back to the weigh in. One of the guys that usually does pretty good only had 6. Made me not feel so bad. I think we ended up last place or closed to it. We still had fun. Water temps were around 80 and the farther north we went the temp got lower. Think the lowest was around 76. We used Bobby Garland different colors. The best was key lime pie. The fish came out of 20 and 30 FOW.