Fishing Forum

Full Version: Dropshot, CFF #10 Chickamauga HBSP, Bass, 9/12/2015, Dusty McCormick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<br /> Blasted off and headed to an area where normally the schoolers and topwater bite is excellent this time of year. Got to it and....crickets. Absolutely nothing. Started fishing a t-rig while Dusty through a fluke. We started out catching 3-4 short fish before the topwater started up a little bit. Caught 3-4 on topwater then the wind started blowing. Moved to fishing docks and overhangs, and started catching several fish, but most short of 15 inches. At this point, we decided to move into the back of the slough. I then caught our first keeper on a topwater. After a bit we moved back to the docs, where we picked up our second keeper on a shaky head. At this time, we had a small largemouth and a spot in the boat. We continued the docs until we discussed moving altogether. I suggested we move back to where the topwater bite had started. Once we moved back there, I immediately caught our biggest fish of the day on a SK King Kong swimbait. We then proceeded to catch two more keepers on topwater before running out of time. We caught fish on topwater baits, t-rig, plum and red shad worms, and fluke in several colors.<br /> Overall a good numbers day,but no size in our fish. We caught 21 fish, and culled twice. This is the first tournament of late where we did not lose 1-2 large fish that we could say hurt us, so our hook up ratio appeared to be better. A beautiful day outside of the harsh winds. Congrats to all who fished and to the 'Nooga Strong" tournament for an excellent showing for a great cause. <br />