Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, Bass, CFF #10, 9/12/15, CCSM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know what happened to mine and Derek's bigger fish but me and James never found them. Sad Had a good day catching but a poor day for quality. The best one of the day looked to be about four pounds and it came off at the side of the boat before James could get the net under it. emoRolleyes Seemed like that set the tone for our day. Try as we did we just could not locate the better fish. We had a total of 17 bass come into the boat, out of those 17 we had three, yes, I said three, that would measure, 14 shorts. emoScratch Last Saturday with me and Derek fishing almost the same pattern those numbers were switched. Had about 17 keepers and three shorts. Boy, what a difference a week can make. Our three keepers were not big either, just shy of 7 pounds but good enough to have some decent points. emoThumbsup That is one good thing about fishing the CFF tournaments, James and I did not feel we were fishing for the BASS Masters classic and we just had a good time. Weather was great, company was friendly, good time ragging of each other was fun, some good time fellowship with some great anglers with the same hobby. Who could ask for more. emoToast We tried shallow and deep. Never punched grass and it sounds like that was the winning ticket on the Noogastrong tournament, that may have been where we went wrong. We managed baby bass on shakeys, jigs and frogs. Lots of fun regardless, congrats to Mark and Ray with their winning three at just over 14 pounds. emoWorthy Jmax